History

Since 1975, the sports institution of Porto Cervo

The Cervo Tennis Club was founded in 1975 in the heart of Porto Cervo by the will of Prince Aga Khan as a center of sport and aggregation for the Costa Smeralda visitors.

At first the sports center consisted in 7 tennis courts managed by Nicola Pietrangeli, considered the greatest Italian tennis player ever and No. 3 in the world in singles both in 1959 and 1960. The club was expanded in 1982 and welcomed on its courts princes, magnates and prominent public figures.

Today the Cervo Tennis Club offers 4 tennis courts (3 Hard Courts, 1 Carpet renewed in 2017), 1 padel court, large outdoor swimming pool, Sheraton Fitness gym with Technogym equipment, Changing rooms with armored lockers and a large meeting room.

Location

Sports venues

  • 4 Tennis courts : 2 artificial grass and 2 hard courts
  • 1 Padel artificial grass court
  • 1 Sheraton Fitness Gym with Technogym equipment
  • 1 outdoor swimming pool of 326 square meters. Access is free for guests of the Cervo Hotel. Access for external customers is € 20 per entry per person.

Meeting room

Perfect to be used for conferences, exhibitions, awards, Sala Smeralda can accommodate up to 200 people.